Friday, December 15, 2006

I Wonder Why

I Wonder Why

Everyday, I wonder why I like you so much.
I wonder why my body reacts the way it does;
Especially, when I am around you.
It must surely be some kind of feelings.
I thought there could be something of great importance,
Because of how I felt about you, but there wasn't any.

These feelings grew each day that passes by.

It was certainly infatuation: crazy love and nothing more.
I couldn't save my soul that easily from that crush,
Because I was so infatuated with you and your beauty.
I could even feel my blood flowing within my veins.
My heart throbbed incessantly each time I dare think about you.
I just couldn't help myself. My mind was blinded by your outer beauty.
I cannot say that anyone has not done their best to help and warn me.

In spite of everything, we are still not together.
I always wandered at anytime and anywhere I feel like:
Wondering why we would be perfect for each other
But in the meantime could not get along as well.
It was obvious why we would never be together:
It was all emotions. And where there's feeling,
There's surely and absolutely no real love at all.
I thought it was love, but it seemed it was just a waste of time.

I always wondered why we can't work things out between us.
Along the beautiful cove of the isle, I wandered about:
With the hope that the heavens would someday,
And or perhaps eternally, settle silently our conflict.
I wandered about in the woods with the hope
That I would find the answers to my queries...
I even wandered about in the jungles thinking
That the old ape knows the answers. How silly!

I even believed that I could find these answers
By just wandering everywhere I can, night and days.
Sometimes, I went to bed very late, I mean very late,
Because I meditated unceasingly on the questions
To which I have already know the answers.
I squandered my time trying to please my feelings.
I wasted my time looking for a treasure that cannot be found,
And that seems imaginary. What a fool! What a joke!

Moreover, I tried to do things that cannot be done,
Things that are irreversible. How naive!
I tried to undo things that cannot be undone.
I tried to reach things that cannot be conquered.
I even tried to undo a redo and redo an undo.
I lately realized that I was acting like a fool,
But didn't, in any way, want to admit it;
And, after all, walk away and stay all alone.

I always thought that a miracle could happen,
But it didn't. And I believe it's for the best.
I never wished to find love in folly nor insanity.
However, I wanted to live my fantastic dreams.
I always wonder why. After all, they are unrealistic.
I always wonder why! but there are no answers.

by Dick M. Joe Trio ">Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home